Sunday, February 22, 2009

most recent group order

I forgot to post these photos earlier. They're from my latest group order. Also the largest one to date--over 50 skeins. The first one to include spinning fiber, as well. I finished the order in just over 3 weeks, and could have done it faster if I hadn't run into some issues with black dye. It's nice to see how much I've streamlined my production.



You can see the Flickr photo with notes on the colorway names here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/huckleberryknits/3279835348

I had two favorite results out of this batch. One was Morgaine, on Corriedale. The photo doesn't show it well, but there are lots of intermediate shades of blue, green, and purple in the two skeins.



The other one was Inked, on Canadian BFL. I just like something about how these particular shades work together.

3 comments:

Natasha said...

Wow, these are gorgeous. Where are you doing group orders? I would definitely be interested!

kitchenmage said...

Oh my, my daughter the knitter will love your stuff!

I actually comment-stalked you here from a discussion about diaper service. A friend in B'ham is having her first and we are considering giving her a year of diaper service for a gift. I can't find reviews of any so I'd like to know, did you like yours? Who was it?

Thanks!
~km

Unknown said...

Hi kitchenmage. Bellingham does not actually have a diaper service anymore. I just washed my own, and it was no problem. I had a neighbor who offered to do 10 loads of diaper laundry for me as a baby gift, and I actually only took her up on it once because I enjoyed doing diaper laundry.

The closest diaper service is in Marysville, I believe, and they started coming here a couple of years ago. But they only do prefolds (my preferred diapers were fitteds and pockets), plus the carbon footprint seemed kind of large, so I just kept doing my own.

Hope this helps! I'm always happy to help people with cloth diaper info, so feel free to ask me anything else.