Wednesday, July 23, 2008

victory is mine!

After writing my post last night, I sorted out the bits dyed by independent dyers and e-mailed a friend who expressed interest last year in those types of scraps. Then I posted on one of my online boards and offered the remainder to anyone who might be interested, for the cost of shipping.

Who knew there would be so many people interested? I just packaged up 18 mini and full-size skeins, weighing in at about 2 lbs. I put some more scraps into a bag for the kiddo's preschool. I stuffed the things that I absolutely could not part with (1.5 toddler socks, a barely-started felted bag project, some scraps for a baby hat for the friend who dyed the yarn) into an old diaper bag. Now I have a tote for all the new undyed yarn. Yay!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Just for the record, I'd always be interested in your scraps too. I see it as a personal challenge to try and use the little bitty pieces that no one wants!!

Unknown said...

Sounds good--I'll send you my next accumulation.