Saturday, July 19, 2008

Honeycrisp, take 2

A while ago, I dyed an experimental colorway, Honeycrisp, to match this gorgeous knitting bag by Debbie of Beach Plum Kids:



We ended up going with a different colorway, Lark:



So I was free to make the red in Honeycrisp a little darker and richer. I also cut down on the amount of yellow and green. Here's the result, hand-dyed on Flying Cloud:





It turned out just how I wanted it, right down to the dusty green, just like an apple leaf. And the yarn--oh, the yarn. Flying Cloud is so silky smooth, and a light bulky weight so it will work up quickly. It would make a fantastic sweater, except you'd never want to take it off.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Oh Honeycrisp, take 2. You are perfect. Just like the ones on the tree...I want to hold you and enjoy a crisp apple, all at the same time!!!

Unknown said...

Tee hee! :D

Amy said...

I adore that colorway, Scarlet. I should get some for Fall...