Monday, September 15, 2008

Inked

I'm doing a collaboration with Joline of Hibiscus Baby that goes up tomorrow at Venus Vanguard. Dyed some of my Canadian BFL to match Alexander Henry's Inked Fabric:





I chose to match the primary colors in the fabric, but the other possibility I thought about was matching the subtle, paler shades. I still think that would make a pretty combination. So many ideas, so little time.

No knitting or dyeing tonight, just cooking. I made Tex-Mex pumpkin patties, a pot of curried pumpkin-apple soup, and am in the process of making a batch of granola bars (Nikki & David Goldbeck's American Wholefoods Cuisine).

I also had big plans for food preservation this year, but the only things that've happened were dried strawberries (20 pre-dehydration pounds that disappeared in about a week) and a batch of peach jam. My husband and son ate all the Gravenstein apples that I bought for applesauce, so we'll have to go back to the local orchard again soon. Went huckleberry picking this weekend, but didn't get quite enough for jam.

No comments: