Sunday, January 20, 2008

Decadence

This colorway was inspired by the movie Chocolat. It was the first movie with Johnny Depp where I really understood why so many people thought he was hot. Since his other movies that I'd seen were What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, Edward Scissorhands, and Ed Wood, maybe that's not so surprising. The movie as a whole was so-so, but the chocolate wonders and watching Depp and Juliette Binoche in action were fantastic.

Anyway, I've tentatively named the colorway Decadence. Dried much lighter-colored than I expected. It's dyed on my new bulky Blue-Faced Leicester wool, which I am really liking--smoothly plied, with a lovely sheen.



2 comments:

wenat said...

I read your mystery hives story in your livejournal, but I don't have an LJ account, so couldn't comment there... the hives could be part of a virus. My son had that a few months ago -- hives for two days, dosed with benadryl every 4-6 hours just to help with the itching. (But then again, your son's doesn't itch, so maybe that's not the cause.)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much, allergicmom. Our doctor didn't think it was viral, but who really knows. She did refer us to an allergist if the hives persisted, so I think I'll be calling her this week.

Thanks again for your concern!