Wednesday, December 1, 2010

time flies when you're buying yarn

It's been a surprisingly long time since I blogged. I've been busy with wholesale orders for my LYS, Apple Yarns, including a limited edition sock colorway for the holidays. Andrea, the owner, asked for something that would evoke toys under the Christmas tree, and this is what I came up with:


toy chest2

This is Toy Chest, hand-painted on Willow sock yarn (80% superwash BFL, 20% nylon). It's only available on sock yarn during the holidays from Apple Yarns.

What else have I been doing? Besides catching up on my knitting, I've been buying yarn.

this week's yarn shipments

Not shown: three other boxes that showed up the following week. We had a highly unusual cold snap (down into the teens) and yes, I actually did use a few of the boxes as insulation. I noticed a frigid breeze blowing through the front door jamb, so I dragged a couple of boxes in front of it. Problem solved, at least till we had to leave the house.

So my supply of undyed yarn is, um, adequately restocked now. I'm celebrating by listing four different colorways on Silk & Silver and a stray skein of Toy Chest at the annual Festivus stocking of Venus Vanguard. Y'all come by now, you hear?

No comments: