Saturday, October 24, 2009

just a few more to go

I have just 17 skeins to go, and I'll be finished with my current wholesale order. Well, dyeing it, anyway. Still need to do a little reskeining of the really tangled hanks, and all the labeling. My husband accidentally threw one of the skeins in with the laundry today, requiring a redye (argh! yes, it's superwash, but the results after heavy agitation aren't pretty) so I think I can get him to help me with the labeling. He owes me.

My yarns will be debuting with two retailers over the next few weeks, so in preparation I've started a Ravelry group for my yarns and fibers. I'm kicking it off with a knit-along and contest. Make a project with my yarn (or spin some of my fiber), complete it by December 31, post it in my group, and get entered into a random drawing for a store credit worth $20. Get cracking!

3 comments:

Tina T-P said...

Hi! - I bought two bunches (?) of your targhee top in winesap at the WWG show last week. I've spun up one of them and it is so beautiful :-) I'm hoping to get a pair of wrist warmers and a hat for my church auction. I love to spin targhee - Good job on the dyeing! T.

Unknown said...

Hi Tina! I'm glad you're enjoying the Targhee top. It's like a cloud after it's spun, isn't it? Do you have photos of the finished yarn? I'm always so curious to see how fiber spins up.

Tina T-P said...

Hi Scarlet - check out my blog on Friday - I have a picture of the yarn I spun with that targhee - it is gorgeous and sooooo soft.

I'm taking Judith McKenzie's spinning class this weekend at Nancy's farm (through NW Handspun Yarns) I am so excited! T.