Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cocoa Nouveau

A customer recently asked me to match a popular fabric being used for Goodmama diapers, Cocoa Nouveau. She wanted two browns, two blues, and cream. The browns were easy to match, but the blues were more of a challenge. After a couple of skeins that didn't quite work out, I ended up dyeing some cheap yarn about 12 different shades of blue, trying to zero in on the ones that I wanted.

Finally, I came up with a combination that I liked, and that matches pretty well. The fabric is a little washed out--there's more cream in it than shows up in the photo:


Here's another photo of just the variegated colorway plus matching trim:


I like it. It's an elegant combination of colors, and I like how the cream fades in and out of the other colors. It's going to join my regular lineup of colorways.

2 comments:

Elly said...

Hi, Scarlet! I was hunting for your e-mail address and came across your blog! You had dyed the Cocoa yarn for a friend of mine as a gift for me, and I just wanted to let you know that I finished knitting with it! I'd be more than happy to send you photos of the finished piece (toddler-size longies). Thank you so much- this yarn was an absolute joy to knit with, and I'm amazed at how beautiful it is! Thank you for taking the time to do this for my friend and for me. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Elly! I'm so happy that you enjoyed knitting with the yarn! T was so sweet to work with, and I had fun coming up with this colorway for you.

I'd love to see a finished photo. You can post a link here, or e-mail it to me at huckleberryknits at gmail dot com.

Thanks for letting me know!