Monday, May 30, 2011

analyze this dream

I'm at OFFF--the Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival. It's held at a school, and I have a good booth location; not at the main entrance, but just inside one of the side entrances. My friends are helping me move my stuff in, and I leave them to set up the booth while I go shopping for spindles. Hey, the shoppers can wait while I get this taken care of.

I talk with the vendor and she helps me decide on a Turkish spindle. She points me to a section of the display, and I spend a long time looking at them, trying to pick my favorite design, before I realize that I'm looking at top whorl spindles when I wanted a bottom whorl. I look at the clock and discover that it's noon. The show's been open for two hours so maybe I ought to go check on my booth.

I find where my booth was last year. Some other vendor is there instead. I find one of my friends who was supposed to be helping me. She says, "Oh, they moved you somewhere else. I don't know where all your stuff is."

I walk all over the school looking for my booth. Finally, I find it in the football stadium. Some, but nowhere close to all, of my yarn and fiber is scattered in the first few rows of bleachers. Some people have tossed their coats onto my booth, so I'm flinging them around as I frantically search for my items.

"Hey!" says a man sitting next to my booth. "That's my coat you're throwing on the ground!"

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have put it on top of my yarn!" I retort.

His wife glares at me. "How do you expect anyone to buy your yarn if you're so rude to them?"

I wake up with my heart pounding. I think, maybe I've been thinking a little too much about yarn lately.

1 comment:

UDream said...

Well.........if you really want to know.......
I've been a weaver and spinner for 30 years, yarn shop owner for 10 years, and also a certified dream analyst for 20 years. I'd be happy to help you discover what your dream means to you, since you're the only one who really knows. It's my job to help you untangle your symbols until you understand what they're saying to you.
You can go to my website to read more: www.LifeDreamCoaching.com. If you'd like help, it would be my pleasure to support another fiber retailer, free of charge.
In exchange, I'd love for you to consider possibly letting me resell your fibers. Some of my customers ran across your fibers at a festival, loved them and asked if I could carry them. You may be too busy with your own shows to do it. In which case, I'd still love to help you with your dream!
Warmly,
Kerri Dameron
Happy Ewe Fiber Co. and Weaving Dreams
Jonestown, TX 78645
512-608-5430