Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fibers and Beyond, Oct 15-16

My last show of the year is my home show, the Whatcom Weavers Guild's Fibers and Beyond annual sale. It will be this Friday evening (6-9 p.m.) and all day Saturday (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.). It's a lot more than just yarn and spinning fiber--beautiful woven pieces, jewelry, handmade dolls, and gorgeous hand-knitted and crocheted items. Friday evening is usually a madhouse. I really wanted some Christmas ornaments that I spotted at the beginning of the evening, made another pass about half an hour later, and they were gone. Get 'em while you can!

Every year, the show committee does a fantastic job of arranging items and decorating the room. I was a shopper for several years before I became a seller, and I think the show just gets better and better. Plus it's only 10 minutes from my house--after all the miles I've put in this year going to shows, I really appreciate doing one so close!

I've been dyeing a variety of spinning fibers for the show--BFL/silk, superwash merino, untreated BFL, and I think a little alpaca/merino/silk sneaked in there, too. I'll also be bringing sock yarns and a smattering of sport and worsted.

If you're in Bellingham, stop by! Admission and parking are free.

No comments: