Tuesday, August 11, 2009

the not-Sock Summit post

I need to write a SS09 post, but I want to download my photos first. In the meantime, my husband asked me tonight if I wanted to go to "that fiber thing down south," meaning OFFF, which I went to last year as a spectator. I said no, because after the stress of Sock Summit prep, during which he had to do far more than his fair share of housework and childrearing, I didn't think he would want me to. He said that if the yarn was mostly dyed up, he didn't see why I wouldn't want to go.

So now I'm tempted. I could work on the saturated semi-solid colorways that I started developing in my head over the weekend, and order a couple of other fingering and lace yarns that I've had my eye on. Sport and worsted didn't sell very well at SS09, so I've got a good foundation in those. I need to figure out how much time my other fall commitments are going to take me ... but I'm very tempted. I haven't even done a full post-mortem of my inventory, so I wonder just how crazy this idea might be.

While I was making reservations for Pok Pok, I absent-mindedly gave them my home number. So they called Michael to confirm my reservation for 18. He was telling a friend of ours, who said, "Well, at least it's not a reservation for two."

5 comments:

Neuroknitter said...

Please go to OFFF!!

Unknown said...

Alas! I was all excited about going to OFFF, but then we realized that it's the same weekend that my husband is running a half-marathon, so I will be child-wrangling that weekend. Hopefully next year!

Mavis, Myrtle, and Maude said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mavis, Myrtle, and Maude said...

I agree with Neuroknitter. Please come to OFFF!

Unknown said...

I wish I could come to OFFF, but I'm in charge of the kiddo that weekend. Next year, for sure!