Saturday, April 18, 2009

skein winder, how do I love thee? let me count the ways

I'd say there are 76 ways, right about now. Just wrapped up my latest co-op order, which was for 76 skeins. I capped it at 50 variegated skeins, plus an unlimited number of solid coordinating skeins. Usually there are maybe 10 trim skeins. This time, there were 26.

March/April 2009 co-op

I could absolutely not have done this without my electric skein winder. It was well worth the investment--solidly made, flawlessly functional.

2 comments:

vickie said...

wow that is some really beautiful yarn. I love it all. I am glad you have an electronic skein winder as well or else you would have a tired arm.

http://knithappens24.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Indeed, some beautiful yarn you've got there.

Thanks a bunch for the plug. I'm glad you are enjoying your skein winder.

Did you know we offer swifts now? Our swifts have several of the features you mention in your blog post a while back.

Horizontal SwiftSingle Vertical SwiftDouble Vertical Swift